Monday 13 May 2013

Reflection in the mirror.



I extracted this letter from the May edition of the Toastmaster magazine.
===================================================

I’m 68 years old, and while most members in my Toastmasters club are looking through the windshield at their career, I’m looking in the rear view mirror at mine. In my business life I made more than 250 in person presentations to audiences ranging from 10 to 300 people. Looking back, I was either selling or telling them something. I wish I had heard about Toastmasters back then.
That was then. This is now. And I encourage everyone to join a local Toastmasters club. The little nuggets of information greatly improve each person’s communication skills. The Ice Breaker speech alone will have you looking in your mirror before it quickly becomes the rear-view mirror.
Richard Erschik
Homestead Toastmasters
Homestead, Florida

No comments: